Matthew 22:37-38 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.
- Who/what gets more of your love, thoughts, time, money and energy than God?
- Which is easiest for you, personally, to love God with all your heart, soul or mind?
- Do You Believe and Understand the Gospel? (John 3:16; 1 Cor 15:1-4; Gal 3:3; 5:16)
- Do You Read the Bible Regularly? (1 Peter 2:2; 2 Tim 3:16-17, Psa 119:11)
- Do You Pray Continually? (1Thess 5:17; Philippians 4:6-7)
- Do You Attend Sundays Faithfully? (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Do You Give Sacrificially? (2 Corinthians 9:7)
Matt 22:39 And the second [greatest commandment] is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
- Why do you think it is important to God that we love our neighbor as ourselves?
- What’s the hardest part of loving your neighbor, for you personally?
- Do You Work on Relationships with Family, Friends, and the World? (Eph 4:2-3; 5:21-6:9)
- Do You Attend Mid-week Bible Study Faithfully? (Romans 12:5)
- Do You Attend the Men/Women’s Bible Study Faithfully? (Proverbs 27:17)
- Do You Serve in the Church (in one of the following ministries: Teachers, Greeters, Fellowship, Facilities – cleaning/mowing, or other)? (Ephesians 4:16)
- Do You Pursue Holiness (purity in relationships, thoughts, speech, actions, reading, music, web, movie and TV viewing)? (1 Peter 1:15-16; Prov 4:23; Phil 4:8; 1 Cor 10:13)
Matt 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- In order to make disciples, we must go (leave our comfort zone), baptize (tell others about Jesus), and teach (talk about the Bible with others). Which of those three is the hardest for you, personally? Easiest? Why?
- Why do you think God wants you to pass on what you’ve learned to others?
- What is the first step for you personally to start “making disciples”?
- Do You Hang Out with Your Neighbors? (1 Thess 2:8; John 20:21, 1 Corinthians 9:22)
- Do You Talk About Jesus in Everyday Conversation? (Romans 1:16)
- Do You Serve at the Food Pantry Ministry (or other outreach)? (Matt 5:16; Mark 10:45)
- Have You Gone on a Mission Trip (U.S., El Salvador or Romania)? Will you? (Acts 1:8)
- Do You Teach Others One on One (Talk to someone over coffee or lunch about what God has been teaching you from the Bible, another book, or life lessons)? (2 Timothy 2:2)
- What was the lowest and highest point in your life this past year?
- What did you learn about God this past year?
- What did you learn about yourself this past year?
- How has God grown you this past year?
- How does God want to grow you in the year to come?