Message from the Elders on resuming in-person services
Faith Family, we love and miss each of you deeply. We thank you for all your prayers as we discern from the Lord His plan for moving forward. Faith Bible Church exists to worship Jesus and bring glory to His great name. We do that in many ways, including corporate worship, fellowship and discipleship. In obedience to Christ, we are going to make the resource of in-person worship available beginning May 3rd at 10:30am.
As you seek the Lord’s guidance about how you will continue to worship Him, remember that COVID-19 is known to be a potentially deadly pathogen, and all reasonable and responsible caution should be taken by each individual including:
– Consider whether you should participate in-person during worship services
– If you do participate in-person, consider how you should conduct yourself when you are on premises
From the Governor’s report to open Texas: ‘We know now that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to others by infected persons who have few or no symptoms. Even if an infected person is only mildly ill, the people they spread it to may become seriously ill or even die, especially if that person is 65 or older with pre-existing health conditions that place them at higher risk. Because of the hidden nature of this threat, everyone should rigorously follow the practices specified in these protocols, all of which facilitate a safe and measured reopening of Texas. The virus that causes COVID-19 is still circulating in our communities. We should continue to observe practices that protect everyone, including those who are most vulnerable.’
For those who participate in-person, please be respectful of how your brother/sister in Christ chooses to participate. The state of Texas has issued suggestions for in-person gatherings (attached see pages 39-41 for recommendations for churches), but leadership is unable to practically make participation contingent on these suggestions. We want everyone to extend a maximum amount of patience and grace to each other as we move forward.
We will continue to broadcast services online.
· If you are in a high-risk group, or are uncomfortable with steps outlined above, our recommendation is that you would stay home and continue to view services online.
· There will not be childcare. We would love for your kids to be with you in the sanctuary or in the foyer.
· The sound will be on in the foyer for anyone who can’t be in the sanctuary.
· There will be no condemnation for whatever form of worship participation you believe is best for you and your family.
This is still a fluid situation and the elders will continue to evaluate as new information arises.
Link activities and Bible Studies will continue to be conducted online only.
If you have additional questions, please contact one of the elders.
The EldersElder contacts:
Mike Orts (979) 777-2631
Andy Vanderveer (979) 571-5780
Ronnie Vitulli (979) 255-0410
Dan Marshall (210) 501-2506
Josh Smith (979) 204-6746
Dean Endler (979) 324-9087
Leon Moore, Chairman (979) 777-1074
David Mervish (979) 820-2984
Brian Braswell (979) 676-3287
Henry Judah (979) 820-2006